Thank you again, Rose, for having me on your blog during my Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour, which launches my award-winning romantic suspense, Lancelot’s Lady. Today I wanted to explore the five things I didn’t know about Winston Chambers, the private investigator who intensifies the danger in my novel.
1. I didn’t know Winston would make an appearance in the novel until I’d finished about 2/3 of the first draft. I started this story about eight years ago and filed it away when I decided I wasn’t ready to write romance. In 2009, I dug it out, dusted it off and began to rewrite it. In the original draft, Rhianna is threatened by someone from her past; but in the new version, Winston Chambers provides even more tension.
2. I had no idea Winston would grow to be one of my favourite antagonists or “bad guys”. His physical appearance is so strong in my mind I can see him, and he’s not the most attractive man. But it’s his insatiable appetite for sex and money that makes this greedy private investigator appealing to me. I knew he’s spell trouble for Rhianna and Jonathan as soon as Winston appeared.
3. I had no idea Winston was such a sleazy character. At first, I thought he was only interested in blackmail. I thought he was greedy for money. Then I realized he had other more insidious desires. Ew…
4. I didn’t know that readers would respond so strongly to Winston. During the Textnovel/Dorchester Next Best Celler contest, in which Lancelot’s Lady was a contest entry, readers got to vote and comment. Not only did readers express their dislike of Winston, they sent me emails about him. They loved him in the novel, but hated “him”.
5. I didn’t know how close he would get to carrying out his evil plan. But I knew it would be nail-biting suspense, and for that I must thank him. Thank you, Winston, for being the best bad guy ever.
Lancelot’s Lady ~ A Bahamas holiday from dying billionaire JT Lance, a man with a dark secret, leads palliative nurse Rhianna McLeod to Jonathan, a man with his own troubled past, and Rhianna finds herself drawn to the handsome recluse, while unbeknownst to her, someone with a horrific plan is hunting her down.
You can learn more about Lancelot’s Lady and Cherish D’Angelo (aka Cheryl Kaye Tardif) at http://www.cherishdangelo.com and http://www.cherylktardif.blogspot.com. Follow Cherish from September 27 to October 10 on her Cherish the Romance Virtual Book Tour and win prizes.
Have you read Lancelot’s Lady yet? If so, who was your favourite character?
Leave a comment here, with email address, to be entered into the prize draws. You’re guaranteed to receive at least 1 free ebook just for doing so. Plus you’ll be entered to win a Kobo ereader. Winners will be announced after October 10th.