Five Things You Didn’t Know About Lucky Stryker
- International Wine Sales Rep Lucky Stryker believes she can tell what kind of man he is by the kind of wine he drinks. And she’s had plenty of experience, traveling the globe in search of the perfect wine and the perfect man. But, for some reason, she ends up alone. Still, it doesn’t stop her from analyzing the wine or drink and how it relates to men.
- Lucky seems to be a popular name for a character in a Las Vegas story. That was Elvis’ name in Viva Las Vegas, and, of course, Lucky by Jackie Collins. Because of that, some authors steer clear of that name, but Lucky insisted that was her name – and it suits her. As for Stryker, I have no idea how that came to me, and I wondered if anybody even had that name. But when we were at Taste of Sonoma at MacMurray Ranch, we discovered there is a winery called Stryker Sonoma. How ironic is that?
- The Desert Sands where Lucky performs is not a real casino. But it is a composite of several properties, replacing an older property made new, much like what happens in Vegas.
- Lucky seems to have it together on the outside, but on the inside, she’s insecure, lonely, and afraid to make herself vulnerable enough to commit to a man or even a friendship with another woman.
- Lucky has many rules for herself and for others: no cowboys, no musicians, no men without money… but that isn’t really working for her so she has to search inside herself to turn her life around.
Have a question about Lucky? Leave a comment and you could win an e-ARC of Tom Jones Club by Kathy Holmes!
*Giveaway runs until Wednesday 11.59pm. Be sure to use a valid email address with your comment