Five Things You Didn’t Know About Gomez Porter from No Hope for Gomez!
Gomez Porter is the main character in 2010’s ‘No Hope for Gomez!’ Here’s five things you probably shouldn’t know about him:
1) Gomez Porter believes it is a very bad thing to stalk a pretty girl. He also believes it is a very good thing to stalk a pretty girl’s stalker. He further believes that he’s being watched while he stalks the pretty girl’s stalker. Life has never been straightforward for Gomez.
2) Gomez is a participant in a drug trail. He doesn’t know what kind of drugs they’re testing, but he sincerely hopes the appearance of a sombrero wearing phone-sex salesman is a drug-induced hallucination. To be on the safe side, he does not inquire what a phone-sex salesman actually does.
3) Gomez runs an antiques store. To supplement his income, he puts his employees up for auction on eBay. He only manages to sell one of them. At a discount. The employee is returned a week later, but is never the same again.
4) Gomez worries about the trial drugs causing dangerous side effects in combination with certain foods. To be on the safe side, he decides never to eat broccoli again.
5) Gomez Porter is the main character in the only fiction novel to appear in 2010 that does not feature sexy vampires.
Reviews for No Hope for Gomez!
“Extremely witty and clever writing that contains keen insights into human nature.” — California Chronicle
“The antics in this book will leave the reader laughing. Graham Parke is a genius.” — Readers Favorite
“A veritable page turner of nonstop laughs. Buy a copy and find out for yourself!” — Reader Views